You’ve heard these tips before, but you’ll keep hearing them because they’re currently our best defense against the virus:
- Continue social distancing, at least 6 feet apart. In fact, stay home as much as you can.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch surfaces out in public.
- Wear a mask or cloth face covering when you’re out in areas where it’s hard to social distance.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw it away. If you don’t have a tissue handy, cough or sneeze into your long sleeve at the elbow fold.
- Try not to touch your mouth, nose or eyes.
Continue to stay informed about this rapidly changing pandemic. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers regularly updated and reliable information.
(CDC/Alissa Eckert, Dan Higgins; inset: American Heart Association)